Snow Yunxue Fu (b. 1987) is a Chinese born US based new media artist, curator, and educator who lives and works in Chicago. Her artwork approaches the subject of the Sublime using topographical computer rendered animation and installation.
She exams and interprets the world around her through digital space and virtual reality, where she draws a parallel to the realms of multi-dimensionality, the physical, the virtual, and the metaphysical.
Fu has exhibited her work nationally and internationally, including at the:
- Hong Kong Arts Center, HK; ISEA2016, HK;
- Expo Chicago, US;
- Digital Culture Center, MX;
- Kunsthalle Detroit Museum of Contemporary Art, US;
- NURTUREart Gallery, US; Gallery C Space, CN;
- West Village Art Gallery, CN;
- SIMULTAN Festival, RO; 9:16 Film Festival, AU;
- Spaces Gallery, Cleveland OH;
- Gene Siskel Film Center, Chicago IL;
- Supernova Digital Animation Festival, Detroit CO;
- International Mykonos Multimudia Festival, Greece;
- Galerie Protégé, NY, and etc.
She has presented her work and research in institutions, symposiums, and conferences internationally, and has given artist talks at the:
- Elmhurst Art Museum, US;
- Chicago Artist Coalition, US;
- Lido Art Center, CN; Guizhou Minzu (Nationalities) University in Guiyang, CN;
- Celebrating Women in New Media Symposium at SAIC, US;
- Trans-National Identity Symposium, US;
- Ox-bow School of Art and Artist's Residency, MI, US.
Her early painting work, Kissing the Mother, is in the permanent collection of the National Museum of China in 1994, keeping the record of one of the youngest artists in the collection.
Fu teaches at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC) in the Film, Video, New Media, and Animation Department, the Continuing Studies Department, and the Ox-bow School of Art and Artist Residency.
She also teaches 3D Animation and Game classes at the University of Illinois at Chicago, the North Central College in Naperville IL, and at L-Art University in Shanghai.
She has an MFA from the Film, Video, New Media, and Animation department at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, a BFA in Painting from the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, a BFA in Painting from Southeast Missouri State University, and a BA in Fine Art from Sichuan Normal University in China.