Analog + Digital Sketching for VR
with Michael Scherotter
Learn how to create 360 sketches with both analog and digital tools that can be viewed just like 360 photos on the web or in VR headsets. As sketching is often quicker than 3D modeling, creating a quick immersive sketch for VR design, game design, or architectural design can be a great tool to ideate on and communicate a space, scene, or experience. Bring both analog (pens, pencils for drawing on copier paper) and digital tools (tablets with drawing apps that support layers) and any VR headsets (Google Cardboard, Oculus Go, ect.) to view the results.
TIME AND LOCATION
This is a 2 hour workshop which incudes both analog and digital exercises:
- Introduction to Equirectagular Projections
- Exercise: Drawing on Equirectangular Grid Paper
- Photograph drawings, crop, and load into tablets & VR Headsets (like Oculus Go)
- Demonstrate 360 Drawing with Sketch 360
- Exercise options
- Make 360 sketch with Sketch 360
- Make 360 sketch with any drawing app using Equirectangular Grid underlay
- Continue Paper 360 drawing
- View results in tablets & VR Headsets
No coding experience is required to participate in this hands-on workshop.
WHAT TO BRING
- Laptop running MacOS or Windows
- Not a must: VR headsets (Google Cardboard, Oculus Go, etc) to view the results
WE WILL PROVIDE
- Analog tools such as pens, pencils for drawing on copier paper
- We can share one Oculus Go to experience your creations.
SOFTWARE TO BE INSTALLED
- Drawing apps that support layers
- Sketch 360
Get your tickets while still available for an extraordinary learning experience.
This workshop is part of CODAME
ART+TECH Festival 2019 『 SPACE 』
CODAME is a member of Intersection for the Arts a non profit 501(c)(3) organization.
All proceeds will be split with the participating artists.
Thank you for your support for ART ♥️ TECH !!!
Code of Conduct for all attendees.