Bring your best face forward in augmented reality! In this beginners course, we’re building our best selves in Spark AR, an augmented reality tool by Facebook. No coding is necessary - we’ll be using features within Spark AR like the facetracker, facemesh, 3D models, animation, and patches. Come with your creative spirit, you will emerge from this course in your final form.
Part of the 10th annual CODAME ART+TECH Festival
Sunday December 13th at 11:30AM (PT) Time.Is
2 hour duration
This 2-hour session will include the following exercises:
- Introduction to Spark AR & Features
- Walkthrough of Spark AR User Interface
- Guided hands on tutorial for creating a front-facing filter utilizing:
- FaceMesh object distortion
- Facemesh painting
- 3D Object animation
- The patch editor to create facetracker interactions
- Breakout groups & self directed creations
- Round table sharing of creations, insights, and inspirations
- Next steps, final thoughts.
- No programming experience required
- Ideate your look before the workshop
What to bring
- Internet connection.
Software to be installed
We offer special deals for educators and team building. Introduce yourself so we can partner!
In these challenging times this is a an opportunity to be more connected beyond our usual San Francisco boundaries.
This is just the start of a CODAME workshop series to continue to connect, inspire and shape the future by building beautiful and playful ART+TECH experiences all together.
All proceeds will be split with the participating artists. Donations are always welcome.
CODAME is a member of Intersection for the Arts a non profit 501(c)(3) organization.
Code of Conduct for all attendees.