RSVP: on Eventbrite
Wearable technology is thought to be the next big revolution in tech. Many expect this new wave of wearable devices and apparel to reshape not only the consumer electronics industry, but also fashion and manufacturing. CODAME has created a platform to showcase how the tech and fashion industries are collaborating to innovate within this arena.
CODAME FASHION+TECH presents a night where fashion tech designers, entrepreneurial fashionistas, musicians, and visual artists come together in one space. Together, they will explore the future of tech-inspired appare where form and function meet visionary genius. These pioneers in the fashion technology space will provide insights into their creative design processes, cover challenges on prototyping and manufacturing, and conduct live demonstrations of their groundbreaking pieces of technology enabled apparel. Infusions of music and visual artistry will complement this interactive environment of dialogue and presentations.
- Cozy talks from artists and industry insiders to share their knowledge and inspire us.
- Live Performances
- Music/Visual Showcase
Full Program Coming soon. Stay tuned!
- Linda Franco, Co-Founder & CMO @ MACHINA Wearable Technology, sharing her current project Midi Controller Jacket v1.0.
- Anouk Wipprecht,Interactive Fashiontech Designer & Innovator, unveiling prototype of her new fashiontech design.
- Tiffany Trenda, American digital performance artist, will submerge you into the world of creative expression with her new piece Proximity Cinema.
- Anders Nelson, Becca McCharen & Dustin Maberry will take us into the world of wearable LED display development premiere shown at CODAME.
Music & Visuals
- Keisuke Shingu aka VJ KSKA
- CSTNG-SHDWS #videoart #gaffta #idn #createdigitalmotion #motionserved #motionographer
- STARPAUSE #8bitpeoples #hexawe #naughtBothered #mp3death #creativecommons #8bitsf
- Sebastian Deux #cdj #secretfeature #superduex #partyanimal
- HUMAΩIM∆L pre- post-apocalyptic maximalist tech-step
Fashion Models (from Rae Agency)
- Candace, Syrene, Stephanie Cardoza, Julie Bedecarre
- Maria Perez, Jayde Ci, Darian Johnson, Jennifer Perez, Ijay Espinoza, Alyssa Hutzly, Kelsi Shae
Make Up + Hair provided by:
Art by Code Gallery Opening
6-9pm at the Roll up Gallery (as part of Public Works)
A triumph of human ingenuity and a tribute to artists who dare to imagine, invent, and test the limits.
Art by Code is about computer code, art & language, digital art, and conceptual art and artists who are pioneering powerful ways in bridging art and technology.
Artists use code as their primary artistic tool. Their creations represent dynamic systems incorporating algorithmic rules, simulation of physical properties, and complex systems theory that are generated by a variety of unique and complex written codes.
Time & Date: 11am-2pm, Saturday, June 29th, 2013 Venue: (Chartio) in San Francisco, CA. Drinks/Food included!
More information here.