Build LED patterns using Processing and watch them come to life in Golden Gate Park's Peacock Meadow! Entwined is an installation by Charles Gadeken composed of 2000 LED lights decorating large metal trees and shrubs. Learn how to build patterns for this installation so that your signature style can be on display for all of San Francisco to enjoy!
In this workshop we will teach you the foundations you'll need to be able to write LX Studio patterns for Entwined Meadows.
Some familiarity with Java or any object oriented programming required, as we'll be using Processing. You'll need is a computer with a stable internet connection, Chrome, and a Google login account. Get a head start by having some fun ideas of what you think would make some great patterns!
『 SCHEDULE 』
- Sat, Feb 13th, 2020
- 11 am — 1 pm PT (2 hours) Check your timezone
『 SKILL LEVEL 』
- Some basic understanding of Java or object-oriented programming required.
『 WORKSHOP OUTLINE 』
- Troubleshooting -- Making sure we're all starting on the same foot!
- Introductions (The Artist, The Sculpture)
- The Basics (UI Walkthrough, Creating simple patterns)
- Breakout: Exploring simple patterns
- The Advanced (More Advanced pattern techniques)
- Breakout: Playing with what you know
- Show and Tell
- Instructor Q&A
- How to get your pattern onto Entwined
『 ATTENDEES BRING 』
1. Have Processing 3 installed and ready to go (documentation provided below)
2. Have Entwined repo downloaded and ready (documentation provided below)
- Computer & power/charger.
- Zoom installed ahead of time.
- Optional: 2nd monitor or screen so you can see the Zoom while working.
『 CODAME PROVIDES 』
- Instructor Slides
- Documentation on getting setup, plus helpful information/instructions (click here!)
(Photos by Joey Yee)
『 CODAME #CodeArtTogether Workshops 』
Connecting, Creating, and Celebrating are pillars of the CODAME #CodeArtTogether workshops!
Workshops are great for team building, remote or IRL. They cultivate space to play, which guides sense-making and sparks innovation. Attendees become featured artists with the option to show their workshop creations in CODAME galleries. Learn more about this exciting offering!
CODAME is a member of Intersection for the Arts
a non profit 501(c)(3) organization.
All proceeds will be split with the participating artists.
Donations are always welcome.
Thank you for your support for ART ♥️ TECH !!!
Code of Conduct for all attendees.